Saturday, May 14, 2011

Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris

I am an ardent fan of the Sookie Stackhouse series. I anxiously countdown from the time I read the last page until the next book in the series is released. With that being said, I must say that I thought this was a slow starter in the series. Rather than flying through the pages, I was speed reading through the pages waiting for the story to get going. For me, the story really began about half way through the book. At that point I began enjoying myself, thankfully. I think that part of my bane is that so many creatures and sub-plots have been woven in that are still active topics in the series. I feel as though the first several chapters are designed to re-cap who these characters are and to place them in the current novel. All I can say I want more vamps and less vamp politics, less orphaned fairies and less re-hasing of past events. I will continue reading the series, I am loyal, just slightly disappointed in this particular book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment